Pit Buehler was born in 1972 in Zug, Switzerland. After graduating from the University of Applied Sciences and Arts, he followed a personal invitation from Professor Strauß to be guest of the master class of photography at the Academy of Visual Arts in Leipzig.
In his art work, Buehler focuses on Portraiture and People. He has traveled across more than 90 countries to photograph faces of our time. His protagonists are strong or delicate, broken or dynamic. With great virtuosity, Buehler stages the subjects while managing his technical equipment with an ultimate perfection as he worked with brush and easel.
A breathtaking aesthetic of the photographs inflates the momentum of the reality into an iconic cosmos. Buehler generates in his shots a mysterious tension between comfortable proximity and aureate aloofness that simply allures.
Buehler is regularly realizing photo projects for national and international exhibitions. His work has been widely recognized with international awards, publications and exhibitions.
Interviews / TV Coverage / Publications
- News Flash Video – Exhibition Leningrad Center, St. Petersburg (Russian TV / 5TV.ru)
- News Flash Video – Exhibition Leningrad Center, St. Petersburg (Russian TV / PEH)
- Making of Video … African Vogue
- Making of Video … Workshop ArtHelps
- Photobook – All is Love – A TRIBUTE TO LEE „SCRATCH“ PERRY / ISLANDBOOKS 2016, ISBN 978-3-03846-977-3